Just like every other job the hotel job have different positions and each has its own job description and role to play. No particular position is more greater than the other rather everyone need to work in unison to achieve a common goal which is to take care of guests needs. Here are some of the positions and the description:
- Concierge: the job of a concierge is to assist guests book for tours, make theater or restaurants reservations. They help handle guest’s laundry, mail, dinner, tour and travel arrangements, they also help get directions or anything they need assistance with.
- Event planner: an event planner manage project such as meeting, convention, tradeshow, ceremony, team building activity, party or what ever needs planning for in the hotel. They also choose meeting locations, arrange transportation and coordinate other details.
- Executive chef: an executive chef is the leader in charge of everything that goes out of the kitchen and maintains full control of the kitchen staff, menu creation, ordering and purchasing of inventory, controlling raw material cost and plating design. It is primarily a management role; which makes them do very little of actual cooking, majorly supervising work.
- Housekeeper: Housekeepers basically cleans and tidy up hotel rooms for guests, housekeepers are dedicated and responsible in maintaining the hotels image. Clean environment is one of the most important features hotels have to offer its guests to make them feel comfortable.
- Porter: a porter maintains appearance, cleanliness and safety standards in hotel. Ensures guests and passengers leave safely in the event of an evacuation [reports to head porter], assists concierge, reception, housekeeping, and restaurant staff as required.
- Waiter/waitress: These sets of people can also be called servers, they work in full – service restaurants/hotels, and they greet guests, take food orders, bring food & drinks to the tables, and take payment & make change as well.
- Hotel General Manager: hotel general managers oversee and coordinate all the activities involved in running a hotel or any other lodging facility. In a small hotel, they have more roles, such as staff hiring, and marketing campaigns, accounting & financial results. They also make sure that staff do everything it takes they can to make guests stay pleasant and comfortable.
Every member of staff work as a team to ensure the growth and success of the hotel.